Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano LLP hopes that you, your family and your neighbors are safe. As we work through the Hurricane Sandy recovery process we want to make sure that you have important information on what steps to take in order to be properly compensated for any damage to your home and/or business.
Property Insurance Claims
We urge homeowners who have experienced property losses from Hurricane Sandy to file insurance claims with their insurers promptly.
- Document losses as best as possible through both photos and videos before cleaning up damage.
- Make only necessary repairs to prevent further property damage, like covering broken windows. Permanent repairs should not be made until after the insurance company does an inspection.
- Write down your claim number and keep a log of all your conversations with your insurance agent and claims adjuster, including their names, dates and visits and calls.
Business Interruption Claims
If you have suffered any business interruption as a result of the storm, you should also contact your insurance company promptly and inform them of your losses.
- Documents the losses as best as possible through both video and photo evidence before clearing the damage.
- Document all of your business losses with your accountant.
- Contact us for your free evaluation to determine whether your claims are covered by your insurance.
- If you claim was denied or if you were underpaid, call us for a FREE evaluation of your claim
Call Us Toll Free
Prior results do not guarantee outcomes.